When you get in touch with us, either via email or the FlexiEngineers website or associated channels, we may automatically record your information and may use the email you provided to further communicate with you or send you updates about the platform. We will never sell or rent your personal information and any personally identifying information will only be made available to FlexiEngineers employees or if required by law to disclose information. Your use as either a freelance engineer or hirer, grants us the right to use your information as supplied by you on the platform for the purposes of FlexiEngineers operating as a marketplace. You may withdraw your profile at any time, at which case we will archive your member information for a period of 2 years unless expressively requested by you to delete the profile data prior. The purpose of archiving such data is to allow the user to easily access their previous history on the platform should they choose to reactivate their account.
If you are a recipient of our newsletter we will send you up to two emails each month to keep you up to date with the activity here at FlexiEngineers. You are free to unsubscribe at any time from this, either by using the link at the bottom of the newsletter or emailing us directly. We will take all reasonable measures to protect your information, however we collate all data for the purpose of enhancing your experience and understanding our market.
FlexiEngineers collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers often make available. Our only reason for collecting such information is to better understand our user’s needs and to ensure we are providing relevant platform functionalities and content to better enhance your experience with FlexiEngineers. We may also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses but we will not sell, rent or use this information in any way other than stated in this policy.
By using this site and providing personal information you consent to us to use the information in the following ways:
- to communicate and interact with you and personalise your experience;
- to provide you with updates about FlexiEngineers and approved hirers or freelance engineers;
- to provide you with any marketing material we may believe you may be interested in;
- to inform you of promotions or advertising on behalf of FlexiEngineers and/or selected third parties;
- to investigate, should we suspect or receive information that you have breached any of the FlexiEngineers terms and conditions;
- to verify your identity and personal information as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act and Fairwork information statements);
- to manage and administer the FlexiEngineers site.
Whenever possible, we will provide you with access to your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We use web browser cookies on this website. Cookies are small pieces of information we store on your computer. However, these cookies do not contain information by which we can identify you. If you would like to disable or control cookies then you can do so through a preference on your web browser.