(originally uploaded on 17 Nov, 2023)Houston, TX, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today!
Hatch serves the world’s metals industry with studies, design, engineering, development of innovative technologies, and project and construction management through to commissioning and operations for both greenfield and brownfield facilities. As the metals industry faces new challenges and opportunities, our focus is on innovation. Join us in helping our clients develop new innovative and sustainable plants and to create measurable improvements to their operations throughout the entire mining lifecycle value chain.
The Hatch Metals sector is seeking an Hydrometallurgy Engineering Trainee with interest in Process Engineering. Reporting to the Global Director, Hydrometallurgy you will support projects locally and globally based out of our Houston, Texas office location.
• Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
• Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
• Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
• Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
• Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
• Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
• Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
• Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
• Assist in studies for various commodities including lithium-ion battery chemical related projects and rare earth element projects.
• Prepare process design calculations and documentation, including development of mass balance models in simulation software.
• Evaluate Process Alternatives and Equipment/Technology Selection
• Evaluate Materials of Construction
• Provide process design requirements to other engineering disciplines.
• Write Process Descriptions and Control Philosophies
• Work with the project team to prepare capital and operating cost estimates.
• Provide technical input/direction and assign work to designers, technicians and others, as required.
• Liaise with clients, contractor representatives and/or project field personnel as necessary to assist with meeting key project deliverables.
Education and Experience:
• Must be working towards graduating, or recently graduated, with a Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Extractive Metallurgy degree from an accredited University.
• Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
• Previous coop or summer work terms within metallurgical or chemical process plants or engineering is an asset
• Academic or work experience with process modelling, process equipment and developing process engineering deliverables is an asset
• Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
• Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
• Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
• Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Show critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
• Adapts and embraces change
Requirements for all sectors:
What we offer:
All applicants must submit a copy of their transcript (official or unofficial) with their application.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Construction, Hydro, Metallurgy, Sustainability, Engineering, Manufacturing, Energy
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.