(originally uploaded on 16 Nov, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch is seeking a Graduate Fire Safety Engineer to work with the Fire Safety Group (Project Delivery Group) in our Mississauga office. If you are a strongly driven individual, highly organized, patient, and an independent thinker, we want to hear from you. Working closely with our project management, clients, and engineers, The position will require you to constantly develop your expertise to facilitate customized, out-of-the-box, fire safety solutions.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
• Responsible for conducting fire risk analysis, code compliance assessments and conceptual fire safety designs. in code consulting on projects with respect to the Canadian Building & Fire Codes and related NFPA and FM Global standards.
• Perform design calculations and ensures plans are compliant with relevant codes and standards
• Have some experience in developing performance-based strategies and/or code alternates, utilizing fire engineering
• Contribute to or prepare technical reports in various phases of engineering
• Support site field visits to obtain information and data to support projects.
• Participate in and contribute to design reviews
• Prepare, review and issue material requisition for different mechanical equipment (Fire water pump, foam system, sprinkler and Spray system, firefighting equipment, etc.)
• Prepare, review and evaluate vendor technical bid evaluation and technical quires for different mechanical equipment (Fire water pump, foam system, sprinkler and Spray system, firefighting equipment, etc.)
• Responsible for providing services across several sectors including mining, power, nuclear, thermal, infrastructure and oil and gas.
• Prepare hazardous area classification
• Perform fire and gas location layout and philosophy.
• Perform Consequence modeling and gas dispersion study.
• A Bachelor's/Master’s degree in either Fire Engineering is required.
• A Master’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering is considered a strong asset.
• Professional designation or ability to obtain (P.Eng.) is considered an asset.
• Aptitude towards alternative compliance approaches, and thinking “outside the box”
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills
• To be able to work alone or in a team under a minimum of supervision.
• Be able to understand and achieve cost, quality, and timeline goals.
• Ability to maintain good business relations with the various parties involved in the project.
• Time management skills and good adaptation to change.
• Strong communication skills and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships in complex and changing environments.
• Fundamental technical engineering knowledge and strong problem-solving skills
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.
Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Sustainability, Thermal Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Construction, Engineering, Energy
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.