(originally uploaded on 10 Nov, 2023)Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to be based in our Vancouver, BC office. As a member of the Western Canada Regional Health and Safety Team, this role if office based supporting our Hatch team members and projects. You will foster promote a culture in where health and safety is a value that will never be compromised. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you!
• Provide advice, strategies and solutions on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of 'No Harm' for the Hatch team.
• Lead and support the continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (ISO 45001), including COR programs across Hatch offices.
• Support Hatch's Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) and Quality Management System (ISO 9001).
• Field day to day enquiries from employees and managers on health and safety issues.
• Support office Joint Health and Safety Committees as an advisor, providing guidance as required.
• Coach and mentor Project Managers and team in the development of Safety Management Plans for short term field site work.
• Provide health and safety content into project proposals to win business pursuits participating in the cross functional proposal team.
• Provide assistance in all pre-contract, tender assessment, and contract administration for projects in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations.
• Review and approve contractor's safety management plans and safe operating procedures before work commences in the field.
• Perform field site audits and inspections for Hatch projects.
• Be able to provide short term on-site field support for Hatch projects.
• Manage contractor database subscriptions (ISNet, Avetta, Comply Works, Contractor Management) for the region.
• Support employees and managers in completing incident investigations and communicating with Hatch Leadership Team as required.
• Analyze performance data, identifying trends, gaps and proposing solutions to address them.
• Facilitate local office health and safety initiatives such as Health and Wellness Day, Ergonomic Day, and Manifesto Day.
• Facilitate and maintain list of local Hatch approved health and safety providers.
• Support the development of pre-approved local vendors providing services to Hatch in the field.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the development of corporate Hatch health and safety initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
• 7 to 10 years of experience in health and safety, with experience in working in multi-jurisdictional environments.
• Experience working in both office and construction environments.
• Degree or post-secondary education in Health & Safety or related field
• Member of a recognized health and safety professional organization (CRSP, CIH, NCSO), will be an asset.
• Experience with ISO 45001 and COR management systems
• Knowledge of ISO 14001 and 9001 programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A high level of organizational skills
• A passion for continual improvement of health and safety performance
• Ability to lead and motivate teams in health and safety.
This position will be a 1 year contract in our Vancouver office.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Contract Manager, Database, Quality Manager, Engineer, Energy, Legal, Technology, Quality, Engineering
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.