Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
Support the growth of the Sensor Assembly manufacturing team through the implementation and validation of new equipment. Improve processes to obtain increased sensor manufacturing capacity. Identify opportunities to reduce assembly time and enhance quality.
· Assist in the procurement, build and qualification of a 3-axis high precision optical pressure sensor to optical fiber alignment and assembly station.
· Build and conduct gage R&R engineering tests for multiple optical pressure sensor test stations.
· Support the implementation of new equipment through process validations.
· Conduct process development and continuous improvement projects under mentorship of engineering staff.
· Analyze data and present results to larger Engineering team.
· Optical pressure sensor testing and calibration.
· Junior, Senior, or Grad student pursuing a degree in mechanical, biomedical engineering, or directly related discipline.
· Strong design, testing, and analytical skills required (e.g. engineering and statistical analysis)
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.
Founded in 1922, the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is the UK based and internationally recognised qualifying body and learned society for chemical, biochemical and process engineers. We exist to advance chemical engineering’s contribution for the benefit of society.
IChemE members can be found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers. They play a key role in our governance and day-to-day operations. IChemE is led by members, supports members and serves society.