(originally uploaded on 19 Sep, 2023)Montreal, QC, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch is seeking a Commissioning Technician with heavy industry experience. Reporting to the Regional Commissioning Manager for Eastern Canada, the Commissioning Technician will support commissioning projects in the North American region, working out of the head office in Montreal and out of Project Management Offices as required. The Instrumentation Commissioning Technician will help monitor mechanical completions (step 1), transfer management and acceptance, and all pre-commissioning work (steps 2 and 3), at the highest levels of safety and quality, while respecting time and cost constraints.
Why choose a career at Hatch?
- Have the opportunity to make significant contributions to complex projects around the world
- Work on issues and gain experience in the office and at project sites
- Work with diverse teams locally and internationally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic knowledge every day
- Gain relevant experience
- Receive formal and informal mentorship from some of the greatest minds and authorities in the sector
- Participate in local professional development programs, sustainability week, Toastmasters, etc. to hone your skills
- Participate in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We refer to ourselves as entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our horizontal organizational structure creates an open and participatory atmosphere. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is not to harm our employees, clients or communities.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading setup and implementation of the commissioning management system and becoming a support resource for global projects on the corresponding software
- Leading technology development initiatives within the group, including researching alternative commissioning and support software
- Contributing to technology initiatives to improve the efficiency of the commissioning process and offering a different perspective on approaches to execution
- Supporting commissioning planning and setup activities
- Managing test results, data collection, progress measurement and documentation of results
- Coordinating with the construction planning team to align commissioning systems with construction work packages, engineering and procurement
- Examining technical commissioning documentation
- Providing a high-quality, consistent and competent commissioning technician service in accordance with project requirements, standards and procedures
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely and has no negative impact on staff, the plant or the environment
- As part of a safe work system, performing operational tests on equipment and the plant
- Helping the commissioning team test the system in accordance with project technical procedures
- Assisting the Commissioning Engineer with discipline-related activities
- Monitoring and reporting on daily and weekly progress as required
- Providing competent supervision of Discipline Commissioning Technicians during commissioning and functional testing of the plant, equipment and systems in accordance with project technical specifications
- Examining technical commissioning documents/procedures applicable to the discipline
- Standing in for the Discipline Commissioning Engineer if required
- Standing in for the Senior Discipline Commissioning Technician
- Health and safety management focus in the commissioning phase of project delivery, and extensive knowledge of health and safety management procedures, safe work practices, and applicable legislation
- Spoken and written French and English
- Organizational skills and ability to plan the safe execution of the scope of work (procedures, permits, tools, spare parts, equipment, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2–5 years of experience in a disciplinary role with a proven track record of policy enforcement
- Proficient use of Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to meet project requirements
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and sense of initiative
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to demonstrate expected essential behaviours and attributes in a supervisory role
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with other employees and members of the discipline and delivery teams
- Ability to plan work and coordinate the team to complete the task
- Focus on delivery and commitment to achieving business objectives
- Confidence and ability to work at your own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and guide other team members
- Ability to communicate directly with clients about key issues
- Experience implementing a completions management system an asset
- This role requires you to travel to the project site on a FIFO basis
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Testing, QC, Procurement, Technician, Energy, Technology, Quality, Operations
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.