(originally uploaded on 19 Sep, 2023)Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer or Intermediate Engineering Geoscientist to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group, supporting our growing team in Manitoba, Canada.
The successful candidate will work with our highly skilled and diverse team to provide geotechnical services on a variety of projects within the Infrastructure, Mining, and Energy sectors. In this role you will participate in a wide range of projects covering geotechnical investigations, geotechnical/ geologic analysis, advanced numerical modeling, and design for both front end planning and the detailed engineering phase for multi-disciplinary projects. Success in this role will require a strong understanding of geotechnical practices and principles, paired with an ability and willingness to learn new concepts both independently and through collaboration with your teammates. Although the position will be based within the Manitoba, there will be opportunities for engagement and travel for geotechnical project work across Canada and abroad.
As the successful candidate, you will:
· Identify project works that can add to the geotechnical field and where possible write and present technical papers.
· Prepare and contribute to technical memos, reports, and project proposals within area of expertise.
· Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates.
· Perform geotechnical design works at both the conceptual and detailed design stages and in consideration to interdisciplinary constraints/ considerations.
· Prepare engineering calculations where required.
· Prepare technical specifications where required.
· Work to ensure the implementation of safety in design and integrity principles in design documentation.
· Provide office and field based geological and/or geotechnical services for projects.
· Undertake construction supervision and management dependent upon project demands.
· Provide specialist geological and/or geotechnical advice and analytical services.
· Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered.
· Support of site engineering team to provide technical solutions and timely response to technical queries.
You must bring to the role:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from an accredited university.
· Registered as a Professional Engineer, Professional Geoscientist, or a Member-in-Training with either EGM.
· 5+ years’ relevant experience in geotechnical field.
· Experience working on projects in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Experience providing construction supervision, onsite QA/QC, and/or management
· Proficiency in the use of geological/geotechnical software suites (GeoStudio, Rocscience, etc.).
· Sound understanding of geotechnical design codes and technical standards.
· Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effective planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to function with minimal supervision.
· Enthusiasm to further develop your technical skillset.
· Excellent safety awareness.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Sustainability, Construction, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering, Energy
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.