(originally uploaded on 18 Sep, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our Shared Services group, comprised of Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Commercial, Legal and Facilities, we support the business achieve their goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure delivery of services through the skills of our people, methodologies, and systems.
Proposal Process Lead
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Proposal Process Lead to join a specialist team of in-house client engagement professionals that help Hatch win work.
In this integral role, you will provide proposal process leadership on strategic pursuits from RFP receipt through proposal delivery and support of post-submittal deliverables—including developing and maintaining the proposal plan and schedule, organizing resources, coordinating inputs and reviews, enforcing quality standards, and ensuring proposal compliance and win strategy deployment.
This is a great opportunity for a strategic thinker and project manager with exceptional leadership skills and initiative.
As the successful candidate, you will:
· In partnership with the technical Proposal Manager, lead the end-to-end proposal development process on strategic pursuits.
· Develop and implement the proposal management plan (action list/compliance matrix) and schedule.
· Organize and co-chair the proposal kick-off, status updates, content planning, and review meetings with the technical Proposal
· Organize and participate in proposal strategy meetings.
· Collaborate with the proposal team to confirm delivery of a compliant, clear, and compelling proposal that reflects our win themes.
· Identify/escalate issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality.
· Review proposal drafts and final versions for responsiveness, compliance, accuracy, quality, consistent writing style, and effective
layout and design.
· Support clarifications and post-bid submission requirements.
· Coordinate post-proposal evaluations and internal debriefs to obtain insights for improving the proposal development process.
· Lead the proposal coordinator and graphic designer during proposal development.
· Train/coach/guide proposal team members for continual improvement.
· Diploma or Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of proposal development experience, including at least 2 years of experience as a proposal manager.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
· Knowledge of SharePoint and CRM tools an asset.
· Working knowledge of the engineering, procurement, and construction management consulting industry is highly desired.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong detail orientation, analytical and general business
skills, and ability to process information quickly and accurately.
· Able to work in a team environment and collaborate on assignments.
· Must have the ability to identify, separate and delegate work tasks and prioritize them in relation to the overall proposal production
activity and deadlines.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Management Consulting, Sustainability, Compliance, Marketing, Management, Energy, Legal
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.