(originally uploaded on 15 Sep, 2023)Calgary, AB, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Senior Environmental Consultant, Fisheries and Aquatics, Environment and Sustainability
Hatch named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 6th consecutive year!
Where people are passionately committed to making the world a better place through positive change! Where we believe in exceptional ideas delivered in exceptional ways! As one of largest Canadian employee-owned engineering and environment firms Hatch is uniquely positioned to offer opportunities ranging from focused technical scopes to leading critical programs for mega projects.
Team: We foster a team culture where everyone can be a leader and challenge the status quo. A culture where employees are entrepreneurial every day! The team is focused on the collaboration and collective success. Here, all doors are open, and all ideas are welcome!
The Role: Expertise in fisheries and aquatic science is critical for successful project delivery. In a practice that’s growing, you will be part of Hatch’s global Environment and Sustainability Practice that collaborates and partners with clients, communities, stakeholders, regulatory bodies, and Hatch’s engineering teams to solve our clients most challenging problems. The opportunity is unique: Hatch’s wealth of technical engineering expertise combined with exceptional environmental expertise allows for innovative solutions to the most complex project challenges.
Your future manager: A human and committed leader, he is always ready to contribute to the development of each member of his team. Easy to approach, he listens and for him, it is you and your career which is important!
Your challenges with us!
• Lead and grow the fisheries and aquatic discipline for Western Canada as part of our existing environmental consulting practice in the areas of ESIAs and permitting.
• Deliver successful preparation and negotiation of BC Water Sustainability Act applications, Canadian Navigable Waters Act applications, DFO Authorizations and off-setting strategies.
• Identify and develop ESG related business opportunities with clients and companies working in the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors.
• Provide leadership, technical direction, peer review and advice within our existing environmental consulting practice focusing on fisheries and aquatics.
• Offer strong Project Management skills, coordination of key environmental and client deliverables.
• Participate in resource planning, mentorship and advisory leadership to project teams.
• Work collaboratively with integrated, multidisciplinary teams, liaising with and supporting global peers.
• Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental leaders.
• Post-secondary education in aquatic environmental sciences, aquatic biology and/or a related discipline.
• Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio., P.Biol.) in BC or Alberta or eligibility for registration.
• A minimum of 7-10-year experience in fisheries and aquatic discipline
• In-depth understanding of fisheries and aquatic ESIA, permitting and approvals and regulatory requirements across Canada and within provinces and territories.
• Creative and approachable and a team player with a willingness to recommend innovative solutions to clients.
• Experience working on major projects
• A willingness to proactively meet clients’ needs whether big or small
With us, you will change the world of tomorrow!
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Scientific, Engineer, Consulting, Law, Energy, Engineering, Technology, Legal
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.