(originally uploaded on 13 Sep, 2023)Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Description: CLERK OF WORKS
The applicant is required to be a resident of the Cape Town Municipal area or surrounding areas.
Requirements: National Diploma or S4 in Civil Engineering with 0 – 5 years’ experience in construction monitoring of road construction projects. Previous experience as a clerk of works is not compulsory but would be beneficial. The applicant shall be computer literate and well acquainted with MS office (Excel and Word). Demonstrate a positive work attitude, self-confidence, and high level of energy to perform with minimum supervision. Communicate in a logical organized manner and be able to analyze data. Willing to work during hours (weekends, after hours) as necessary to monitor construction activities.
Job Description: The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk of Works shall include the following:
1. Assist with monitoring and reporting of the Contractor’s programme.
2. Assist with implementation of the Engineer’s quality control plan.
3. Assist with site audits, inspection, quality control testing, approval, rejection of work.
4. Assist with measurement of completed work
5. Assist with checking of:
• Setting out of roadworks, earthworks, drainage, pavement layer works, stabilization, asphalt surfacing, road marking and other ancillary works.
• Setting out of concrete structures, excavations for foundations, substructures, superstructures.
• Formwork, reinforcement, concrete pours and finishing of completed structures.
• Relocation and installation of new services including water, sewer, electrical substation, petroleum, gas, telecommunication, and others.
• Application rates of construction materials such as cement, bitumen, aggregates.
6. Assist with updating and verification of daily site diary and keeping records of construction progress photographs.
7. Assist with quantity measurement and keeping measurement files up to date.
8. Assist with monitoring and reporting of Contractor’s CPG commitments.
9. Assist with monitoring of the Contractor’s compliance with the OH&S Act.
10. Report on traffic accommodation issues.
11. Assist with compilation of monthly reports and as-built data in accordance with the WCG standard requirements.
12. Willing to learn COLTO Standard Specifications, know the Scope of Works and Design Drawings as well as materials product sheets.
13. Be able to take ownership of his/her work and ensure that the work is done accurately.
14. Redline drawings for as-builts purposes.
15. Assist the Resident Engineer (The Supervisor) and his Assistants as required.
Geographical area of contract:
Cape Town, South Africa. The applicant is required to be a resident of the Cape Town Municipal area or surrounding areas
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Resident Engineer, Civil Engineer, QC, Clerical, Energy, Engineering, Quality, Administrative
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.