(originally uploaded on 03 Sep, 2023)Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today!
An exciting position has become available for a Proposal Coordinator to join the Hatch Metals Business, based in Vancouver. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will play a key role in shaping and supporting the proposal team’s goal of producing winning submissions. You will be responsible for the administrative aspects of proposal development—from managing the SharePoint site and creating custom templates, to coordinating proposal inputs/reviews and directing production of the final document. This is where your organizational skills, “can do” attitude, and keen attention to detail will contribute to the success of the pursuit teams!
Quality is critical —you will ensure that our proposals are compliant, error-free, and client-focused, compelling, easy to evaluate, and visually appealing.
As the successful candidate, you will:
· In partnership with the Pursuit Manager, lead the proposal preparation and submission for small and medium scale pursuits.
· Support the Pursuit Manager in coordinating the proposal kick-off meeting as well as scheduling and facilitating ongoing proposal coordination meetings.
· Develop a proposal outline, draft standard proposal sections, format, assemble and submit documents.
· Facilitate reviews and ensure RFP compliance, by providing an additional layer of quality control.
· Coordinate and insert technical content, update/customize CVs, personnel bios, project descriptions, and other proposal
· Assist with managing, monitoring, and maintaining the proposal database, files, and systems through appropriate
information management systems (i.e., SharePoint).
· Coordinate with graphics team for the development of specialized visual content.
· Communicate with proposal participants to track tasks against the schedule to ensure internal proposal deadlines are being
· Support clarifications and post-bid submission requirements.
· Support the Proposal Development Lead on strategic pursuits.
· Assist with shortlist interview presentation deck design and compliance to visual identity standards.
· Develop and maintain support material libraries: CVs, project sheets, images, testimonials, etc.
· Diploma or Degree in Business, Communications, or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of proposal development experience, including at least 1 year of experience as a proposal coordinator.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
· Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), and SharePoint and CRM knowledge are assets.
· Working knowledge of the engineering, procurement, and construction management consulting industry is highly desired.
· Strong writing skills with the ability to edit and proofread documents for grammar and clarity.
· Critical and analytical thinking skills that can be applied to a variety of scenarios.
· Able to work in a team environment and collaborate on assignments.
· Must have the ability to identify, separate and delegate work tasks and prioritize them in relation to the overall proposal
production activity and deadlines.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Developer, Sharepoint, Management Consulting, Procurement, Energy, Technology, Management, Operations
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.