(originally uploaded on 30 Aug, 2023)Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Intermediate Environmental Consultant, Environmental Management, Environment and Sustainability
Fulltime position located in Saskatchewan
Hatch named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 6th consecutive year!
A company passionately committed to making the world a better place through positive change, where we believe in exceptional ideas delivered in exceptional ways. As one of largest Canadian employee-owned engineering and environment firms Hatch is uniquely positioned to offer opportunities ranging from focused technical scopes to leading critical programs for mega projects. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Team: Hatch is proud of fostering a team culture where everyone can be a leader and challenge the status quo. As entrepreneurs with a technical soul, we are passionate about bringing our best ideas to our partnerships and teams. Here, all doors are open, and all ideas are welcome!
The Role: Your interest and knowledge in permitting and approvals is critical for successful project delivery. In a practice that’s growing, you will be part of Hatch’s global Environment and Sustainability Practice that collaborates and partners with clients, communities, stakeholders, regulatory bodies, and Hatch’s engineering teams to solve our clients most challenging problems. The opportunity is unique: Hatch’s wealth of technical engineering expertise combined with exceptional environmental expertise allows for innovative solutions to the most complex project challenges.
Your future manager: A human and committed leader, he is always ready to contribute to the development of each member of his team. Easy to approach, he listens and for him, it is you and your career which is important.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Specialist to join our Saskatoon or Regina office. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of environmental regulatory processes with excellent communication and project management skills, along with an emerging business development skill set and interest in mentorship opportunities for junior staff. The person who accepts this role will be highly organized and detail-oriented, excelling at quality project delivery, and a leader who is able to build out Hatch’s growing Environment & Sustainability presence in the region.
• Support in developing the environmental consulting practice for Saskatchewan and Western Canada with a focus on regulatory permitting and environmental approvals needed for a broad range of capital project developments.
• Contribute to baseline environmental studies, environmental assessments, environmental management strategies, and plans including research, report writing, field work, as well as stakeholder and regulatory consultation.
• Coordinate and conduct desktop reviews of scientific literature, existing data, and secondary source material for technical reports.
• Support permitting and regulatory compliance related to the natural environment (e.g., provincial environmental protection and environmental assessment legislation, federal Fisheries Act, Impact Assessment Act, Migratory Birds Convention Act, and Species at Risk Act).
• Provide leadership to Hatch’s existing environmental management programs, environmental auditing, and site-based teams as needed.
• Participate in resource planning, mentorship and leadership to junior staff with the ability to travel periodically.
• Work collaboratively with integrated, multidisciplinary teams, liaising with and supporting global peers.
• Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental leaders.
• Post-secondary education in environmental sciences, environmental management and/or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 5-7-year experience in environmental management.
• Solid understanding of ESIA, permitting and approvals and regulatory requirements across Canada and within provinces and territories.
• Creative and approachable and a team player with a willingness to recommend innovative solutions to clients.
• Experience working on major projects.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and a proven ability to deliver high quality results within an expected timeframe and budget.
• A willingness to proactively meet clients’ needs whether big or small.
With us, you will change the world of tomorrow!
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Compliance, Consultant, Consulting, Law, Energy, Legal, Contract
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.