(originally uploaded on 26 Aug, 2023)Houston, TX, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Designer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development team in North America.
This position will be based out of Houston, TX and will report to the Engineering Manager.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Be able to drive design phases and implement design standards on industrial and linear infrastructure projects of high complexity
• Providing specialty and technical guidance and mentoring to other technician/design staff to provide innovation while maintaining standards and procedure
• Review and prepare models and drawings and work together with Engineers to develop design detail drawings and quantities and various supporting documents
• Support business development and delivery of studies and detailed design necessary for project execution
• Also assist with advanced CAD and BIM technology development
You bring to the role:
• Technical degree/diploma or equivalent in related field
• Good experience with 3D model development, completing design, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating and drafting
• Excellent user of Civil3D software.
• Extensive existing knowledge of the OpenRoads Designer Application
• Extensive working knowledge of the OpenRoads Designer workspace configuration and be willing to deep dive into this to resolve our design team's configuration needs
• Coordinate on submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones
• Experience with quality control (QA/QC) of models and drawings for standards compliance, discipline coordination
• Performs complex design tasks on projects with understanding of multidisciplinary environment by collaborating with team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs
• Knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to AutoCAD Civil 3D, lnfraworks, MicroStation, Inroads, OpenRoads and ProjectWise
• Extensive experience in the related field
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
Preferred, not required:
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Drafting, AutoCAD, CAD, QC, Engineering, Quality
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.