(originally uploaded on 17 Mar, 2023)Montreal, QC, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Advanced Process Control (APC) Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Montreal to assist with continued growth in APC as a differentiated service, for both nationally and internationally located projects.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure, and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our client's toughest challenges!
Candidates are sought with experience in design, specification, plant testing, modelling, software configuration, commissioning, tuning, training, and support of APC schemes.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Be involved in acquiring new projects via business development activities, benefit and scoping studies
• Execute projects using Hatch’s rapid deployment and digital project delivery methodologies.
• Provide ongoing support for completed projects.
• Report to Hatch’s APC Global Lead and have direct involvement in growing the business.
You bring to the role:
• A degree in chemical, metallurgical or control engineering and professional engineer status (or the experience necessary to attain this). An advanced degree would be an advantage.
• Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with the safety requirements
• Model predictive control experience using Honeywell Profit Controller, AspenTech DMC3, Rockwell Pavilion8 or other commercial packages.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Good understanding of multiple advanced control methods such as fuzzy logic, image-based control, ratio control, and model predictive control
• Process control strategy design, configuration, and commissioning experience on DCS/PLC platforms
• Very good data analysis skills
• Troubleshooting skills
• Experience in the mining, metallurgical, and energy sectors an asset
• Experience in an operating facility or operational support is an asset
• Experience in data analysis and benefit assessment
• Ability to understand process KPIs and business drivers
• Ability to travel up to 25% globally
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Facilities, Sustainability, QC, Process Engineer, Engineering, Operations, Energy, Quality
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.