(originally uploaded on 04 Feb, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Analyst, Community Engagement and Social Performance - Mississauga
Location: Mississauga, ON
A successful project needs to do more than deliver on its intended purpose. It needs to address the needs of its residents and provide real, tangible benefits for the surrounding community. It must wholeheartedly embrace the mantra of leaving it better than we found it, ensuring a brighter future for the lives it affects.
Inclusion and collaboration with local communities is the key to successful project delivery. In a practice that’s growing, you will be part of Hatch’s Community Engagement and Social Performance Practice that collaborates with clients, communities, stakeholders, and Hatch’s engineering teams to create mutually beneficial and sustainable metals, energy and infrastructure projects. The opportunity is unique: Hatch’s wealth of technical engineering experience combined with community insights creates an inclusive vision for clients’ projects – and we are helping to make this a reality.
Hatch is currently seeking an Analyst, Community Engagement and Social Performance that will be an integral part of a growing practice.
As the Analyst, Community Engagement and Social Performance, you will deliver the following:
• Support the delivery of innovative solutions for our clients on engagement for a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to: Indigenous groups, communities, academia, non- governmental organizations, government and media.
• Support environmental and social impact assessments by establishing socio-economic baselines, identifying potential project impacts to communities and stakeholders.
• Record, research and prepare for client audits to identify and anticipate any social risks to project development, including solutions to meet these challenges
• Support community and stakeholder engagement by developing records of consultation and coordinating community needs
• Assist resource or infrastructure companies as they deliver upon their socioeconomic commitments and support the development of plans to meet industry best practices
• Assist in developing concordance tables and cross-reference material to ensure our clients are meeting any regulatory duties of engagement for environmental assessments in collaboration with our Environment and Sustainability group
• Identify client opportunities with project managers across the Hatch organization and externally
• Share your experiences with colleagues and clients at speaking events, networking events, conferences, webinars and through online blog posts
Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in communications, sustainability, policy or administration
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in community and stakeholder engagement, supplier development or communications
• Creative and approachable with a willingness recommend innovative solutions with clients
• Experience working on major projects
• Willingness for both domestic and international travel as work requires
• Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
• A willingness to proactively meet clients’ needs whether big or small
Preferred: “Go-getter” attitude, optimistic and resilient, ability to be flexible, learn and perform challenging tasks outside area of skills and experience
Core Competencies: Core competencies: Leadership, Consultative, entrepreneurial, relationship builder, implementer, networker, collaborator
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Engineer, Law, Energy, Engineering, Legal
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.