(originally uploaded on 27 Feb, 2023)Fredericton, NB, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Senior Environmental Specialist - Fredericton
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Hatch “Environment & Sustainability” business practice undertakes studies and delivers environmental services in the areas of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), planning, permitting, construction management, community engagement, sustainability/corporate social responsibility, air quality, noise mitigation, climate change and related project delivery services. Our wealth of engineering, environmental, procurement and construction management experience and our global footprint is highly differentiated in the growing environmental services market.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Specialist to join our Fredericton office. This person will have incorporated a knowledge of environmental regulatory processes with excellent project management skills, along with strong client relationship management and proven business development skills. The person who accepts this role will be highly organized, with attention to details, quality and project delivery, and a business leader who is able to leverage their network of contacts to build “Environment & Sustainability” presence in the region. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Project management and coordination of key environmental deliverables.
• Coordinate work with other environmental specialists (i.e., noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, etc.).
• Contribute to or manage baseline environmental studies, environmental assessments, environmental management strategies, and plans including research, report writing, field work, as well as stakeholder and regulatory consultation.
• Participate to or coordinate desktop review of scientific literature, existing data sets and secondary source material for technical reports.
• Identify potential environmental impacts as a result of land use changes and recommend suitable mitigation strategies to avoid and / or reduce potential impacts.
• Lead and support permitting, and approvals related to the natural environment (e.g., Environmental Protection Act, Fisheries Act, Impact Assessment Act).
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, wildlife and vegetation assessment methodologies, and best practices.
• Deliver high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines.
• Collaborate to business development activities including preparation of proposals and definition of scope of work.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Planning, Geography, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, or equivalent in related discipline.
• Professional designation.
• At least 15 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written.
• Ability to develop personal networks.
• An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and integrated team environment.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Solid understanding of provincial and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
• Experience with environmental permitting and impact assessment., including follow-up and monitoring (e.g., construction environmental monitoring).
• Knowledge of or experience with technical modeling (e.g., air quality, noise) is considered an asset.
• Ability to provide technical and quality review for client deliverables.
• Experience working in a fast paced, consulting environment.
• Flexibility and interest to learn and perform challenging tasks outside their area of skills and experience.
• Bilingual is considered an asset (e.g. English and French).
• Flexibiliy to travel periodically.
• Previous consulting experience is considered an asset.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, CSR, Scientific, Chemical Engineer, Project Manager, Energy, Management, Engineering, Technology
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.