(originally uploaded on 24 Feb, 2023)Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Construction Supervisor (Structural, Mechanical, Platework and Piping) to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) for a role based in Zimbabwe.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the construction contractors and maintaining the project performance goals within his geographic area of responsibility. Supervisors coordinate work efforts and ensure activities are sequenced in accordance with the project schedule. A supervisor must be a competent person in the construction trade so that they may accurately evaluate the methods and performance in all respects of the particular scope elements of the project for which he is accountable. Reports to the construction manager.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Responsible for construction supervision and administration including supervision of contractors and their subcontractors for assigned portions of the project
• Monitors overall job site health, safety and environment performance and verifies that contractors are protecting their workers at the job site
• Ensure that the works performed by the contractors under his responsibility is executed to the prescribed quality standard
• Assists in the coordination of the design deliverables to support continuous and efficient construction
• Communicates the identification, management and resolution of deficiencies and non-conformance to the Construction Manager
• Assists with site administration and record keeping procedures in accordance with the Construction Execution Plan
• Assists with construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and reporting for all work being performed by the contractor in his assigned area of the project.
• Job site point of contact for all contractors in his assigned area of the project
• Plans and chairs project safety meetings, assist with incident investigations and reporting, and participate in safety programs and initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
• Technical degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience required for a leadership
• Trade school and journeyman status for the applicable discipline assignment
• Minimum five to ten years onsite experience on major projects or in heavy civil or industrial construction projects
• Can demonstrate a health and safety focus in the planning and construction execution phase
• Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and lead discipline-focused site teams to successfully execute the assigned scope of work
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities,
• interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
• Comprehensive knowledge and ability to practically interpret and apply good construction practice and appropriate industry standards
• Involvement in at least one significant project similar in size, scope and location as the particular Hatch assignment being considered
• Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
• Ability to professionally manage and resolve contractor issues to avoid further conflict escalation
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
In order to consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information.
A law, known as the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) provides that when one processes another's personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person's personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
In order to give effect to this right, we are under a duty to provide you with a number of details pertaining to the processing of your personal information. These details are housed under the Hatch HR Processing Notice which can be accessed and viewed on the Hatch website: https://www.hatch.com/About-Us/Privacy-Statement-South-Africa, which HR Processing Notice we request you kindly download and read.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Project Manager, Electrical, Manager, Engineering, Technology, Management
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.