(originally uploaded on 01 Mar, 2023)Gurugram, Haryana, India
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Designer – Solid Edge to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Gurgaon/ Gurugram – Delhi NCR
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Be responsible to produce mechanical equipment layouts, models, and drawings in accordance with project requirements
• Undertake detail model with the view to cutting fabrication drawings.
• Work on projects involving Furnace and/or Fired Heaters
• Interpret the plant PFDs, P&IDs, and plant battery limits and constraints
• Perform conceptual layout work as well as check drawings prior to release
• Develop design details of standard design elements
• Carry out 3D equipment modeling
• Generate 2D drawings from the 3D model as required by the project
• Perform the design and drafting of mechanical plant models using applicable standards, project technical specifications and enterprise or project procedures.
• Be responsible for executing designs following the mechanical and layout design criteria developed
• Use vendor data, drawings, and information to develop and verify the model
• Create and maintain check sheets for all equipment as vendor data is received. Back model all changes as required.
• Be performing clash detection of models with other discipline models
You bring to the role:
• Engineering diploma, degree or equivalent (Mechanical)
• Experience between 6 to 15 years
• Sound knowledge on parametric modelling and detailing using Solid Edge.
• Solid understanding of GD&T
• Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary EPC/EPCM environment
• Detailed design and modeling skills for the Furnace related equipment
• Working knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project
• Able to lead small teams, plan and supervise the work of others (applicable for experienced candidates)
• Understanding of other discipline interfaces and requirements
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Drafting, Law, Engineer, Energy, Engineering, Legal, Aviation
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.