(originally uploaded on 21 Feb, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Reporting to the Global Architecture Director as a Senior Architectural Designer.
As part of Hatch Architecture, the role of a senior architectural designer involves working directly with designers, technologists, CAD managers, project coordinators, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, architects, project managers, building officials, engineers, and clients to successfully deliver design and construction of building and facilities. They perform, review and lead most of the architectural deliverables of a project during conceptual design, detailed design, construction documentation and construction administration. They require minimal supervision from senior architects and are accountable for their work, execution, and project delivery.
As the Successful Candidate, you will:
• Produce and coordinate deliverables to illustrate conceptual, schematic and detailed design.
• Produce architectural specifications and construction drawing sets with the required coordination amongst disciplines and specialist involved in the project.
• Provide support during construction administration.
• Provide direction to intermediate and junior staff on the production of architectural deliverables and mentor them to develop their skills.
• Provide support during the setup of CAD environments and troubleshoot design software ensuring proper functionality for the architectural discipline.
You Bring to the Role:
• 12+ years of relevant work experience.
• Graduated from a post-secondary institution with a degree/ diploma in architecture, building sciences, architectural design, architectural technologists, etc.
• Has extensive understanding of international, national, regional and local building codes, by-laws, design guidelines, graphic standards, CCDC, CHOP, material and performance certifications, standards and testing from organizations such as LEED, ULC, ANSI, ASTM, CAN/CSI, NFPA, FM Global, etc.
• Has excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary design documentation from disciplines that affect the design of any building, site or facility, including but not limited to structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, code compliance, illumination, acoustics, transportation, communications, track, drainage and utilities.
• Performed material/ product research and detailed the integration of individual components into a building system, e.g.: roofing, cladding system, canopy, reflected ceiling, interior partitions, etc.
• Developed construction detailing in CAD environments to address standard and non-standard conditions to meet best practices and code requirements, coordinating impacts with all other disciplines and their deliverables. e.g.: thermal insulation continuity, transition of vapour barriers, rainscreen drainage, fireproofing coverage, etc.
• Performed construction administration tasks providing input to documents such as RFIs shop drawings, samples, site instructions, change orders, bill of materials, cost estimates, site visits, etc.
• Produced architectural construction drawings, including but not limited to: context plans, site plans, OBC matrix, assembly types, floor plans, demolition plans, renovation plans, roof plans, exterior elevations, interior elevations, sections, wall sections, millwork, interior finishes, parking layouts, life and safety drawings, details, schedules, etc.
• Coordinated drawings and provided input to architectural specifications and performance specifications. Reviewed and coordinated other discipline specifications with the construction drawings set.
• Worked extensively with design software for production of drawing/ model deliverables such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit, AECOsim, Open Buildings, Navisworks and other similar programs.
• Worked with administrative software such as MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, ProjectWise, MS Teams, Webex, etc.
• Experienced working in fast-paced team environments while simultaneously managing multiple projects on different software platforms. Ability to learn new standards, skills, software and tools required to perform the work.
• 5+ years of transit, mining, or nuclear experience in Canada.
• Overseen the production presentation material including sketches, details, perspectives, diagrams and similar graphic representation by hand and/or with design software (Including Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint etc.)
• Used software such as Bluebeam Studio, Brava!, or iPas DM to perform quality checks, interdisciplinary review sessions and mark-ups of documents.
• Worked with tridimensional survey files that use point clouds or other means of field verifications. Using software such as Edgewise, Recap, Navisworks, etc.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Testing, Facilities, Nuclear Engineering, Drafting, Energy, Technology, Engineering, Operations
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.