(originally uploaded on 15 Feb, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Senior Environmental Planner or Scientist, Mining
Hatch undertakes studies and delivers environmental services in the areas of environmental engineering, environmental and socio-economic impact assessment, permitting, community engagement, environmental management and related project delivery services. Our wealth of engineering, environmental, EPCM project delivery and procurement experience and our global footprint is highly differentiated in the growing environmental services market. We are currently seeking a Senior Planner or Scientist, Mining to be based in our Mississauga office serving the Western Canada Region; and supporting pursuits and engagements nationally and internationally.
This is a senior role and an excellent career opportunity for someone with experience in environmental consulting as a recognized environmental professional, who is looking to take the next step in their career development.
This person will have excellent project and team collaboration and leadership skills, strong client relationship management and business development skills. The person for this role will be a business leader, relationship builder and will be able to leverage their network of contacts with an overall mandate to leverage Hatch’s strong reputation and client relationships in the mining and metals sector to build our presence in the environmental consulting space. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Lead and aggressively grow our existing environmental consulting practice in the mining and metals space.
• Identify and develop strategy and business opportunities for Hatch’s existing, as well as target clients.
• Lead Hatch in providing services to the mining and metals sector from early stages of project development, through permits and approvals, closure planning, operations support and closure/reclamation.
• Providing project management, mentorship and advisory leadership to project teams.
• Provide technical and peer review support for client deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with engineering and project teams and other business practices, liaising and supporting global peers.
• Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental leaders in the mining sector.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-Secondary education in environmental engineering, engineering science, and/or a related discipline; and may be an Environmental Scientist, Environmental Planner or Engineer, or otherwise have a background in other related multi-disciplinary areas.
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience with substantial exposure to the mining sector.
• Experience leading environmental assessments and other regulatory approvals processes for mining projects in Canada.
• Sound understanding of mining principles.
• Solid reputation and understanding of the environmental aspects of the Ontario mining sector through all stages of the mining life cycle.
• Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with mining clients.
• Demonstrated business development and client engagement experience.
• Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
• Willingness for both domestic and international travel as work required.
• A recognized Impact Assessment or regulatory expert who has a strong network of contacts with practitioners in industry, government and academia.
• Active participant, presenter and recognized contributor to mining and environmental professional associations.
• Entrepreneurial with a technical soul.
We know that talented environmental professionals have a lot of options; and we also know that there is a strong desire to be part of an organization that seeks to empower their people to enact positive change. Our Environment and Sustainability practice at Hatch has a mandate to grow. To this end, we are leaving no stone unturned. If you think you could be an asset to our growing team – we encourage you to apply!
We’re inclusive, collaborating no matter where in the world we are. You are part of a community at Hatch, one that fosters career growth and education, is philanthropic in nature, and where entrepreneurship is key to success. If you’re passionate and committed to building a better world through positive change, our global organization may have just the opportunity you desire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Hatch, please note we will contact candidates who meet the required qualifications.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Environmental Engineering, Scientific, Law, Energy, Engineering, Mining, Legal
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.