(originally uploaded on 15 Feb, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical design expertise to a wide variety of Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, detailed engineering, construction support and project management. The group supports several different fields, such as energy, mineral processing and infrastructure.
Our Mississauga team is currently seeking a dedicated Piping Designer to assist project work in the office with potential field opportunities. The designer is broadly responsible for development of the 3D Model and 2D drawings while leading model design reviews and milestone reviews. In addition, the designer is required to provide support to the various discipline engineers and the construction team.
• Independently apply design principles for 3D models and 2D mechanical equipment, piping layout or general arrangement and Isometric drawings of industrial buildings and processes
• Assist in the training and coaching of less experienced designers in using design tools;
• Prepare equipment layouts and 3D piping designs;
• Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models
• Prepare material lists, line lists and project drawing lists as required
• Participate in the vendor drawing review process
• Participate in office and site safety training and inductions as needed to support office and site activities
Ensure the delivery of major milestone reviews for all areas.
• Working with construction to align deliverables with contractual requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant design/drafting experience
• Experience in an EPC environment would be an asset
• Experience working with and coordinating a design with multiple disciplines.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, CADWorx, Microstation, SmartPlant, and OpenPlant
• Working knowledge of discipline specific skills, codes and standard practices
• Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Decision making and problem-solving ability
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively with other designers, drafters, technicians, and engineers who assist in specific assignments
• Strong deliverable focus with a proven ability to attain quality and schedule objectives while maintaining budgets
• Experience with greenfield and brownfield interfaces, including constructability experience
• Willing and able to travel for short durations to various global project offices or to site is considered an asset.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Drafting, Engineer, Project Manager, Energy, Engineering, Mining, Technology
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.