(originally uploaded on 15 Feb, 2023)Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
We know that talented environmental professionals have a lot of options; and we also know that there is a strong desire to be part of an organization that seeks to empower their people to enact positive change. Our Environment and Sustainability practice at Hatch has a mandate to grow. To this end, we are leaving no stone unturned. If you think you could be an asset to our growing team – we encourage you to apply!
We are seeking an Environmental Engineer to join our team of talented environmental professionals, reporting to our Mississauga office. We work to provide solutions to our client’s environmental and social challenges either as a standalone service or in collaboration with other service areas within Hatch. The successful applicant will support the team in a diverse range of services across Hatch’s infrastructure, energy and mining sectors.
• Environment Lead for multidisciplinary projects with responsibilities that include reviewing contract documents for deliverables; reviewing specifications and submittals; preparing environmental permit and approval applications; reviewing contractor submissions for
completion; conducting technical reviews and coordinating with other technical support staff as needed.
• Lead the preparation of technical reports including tender packages, technical specifications and contract drawings and cost estimates.
• Lead or provide input to obtaining permits and approvals such as Environmental Compliance Approvals (Air and Noise, water and waste management) and approvals related to the natural environment (e.g., Environmental Protection Act, Fisheries Act, Impact
• Contribute to or manage baseline environmental studies, environmental assessments, environmental management strategies, and plans including research, report writing, field work, and stakeholder and regulatory consultation;
• Collect and synthesize scientific literature, existing data sets and secondary source material for technical reports;
• Identify potential environmental impacts as a result of land use changes and recommend suitable mitigation strategies to avoid and/or reduce potential impacts;
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, wildlife and vegetation assessment methodologies, and best practices;
• Coordinate work with other environmental specialists (i.e. noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, etc.).
• Deliver high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines;
• Respond to requests for proposals and develop strong client relationships.
• Coordinate, manage and build business relationships with clients, regulators, service providers (e.g., laboratories, sub-contractor) and third-party stakeholders.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering.
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) designation in Ontario an asset.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Solid understanding of provincial and federal environmental regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of or experience with technical modeling (e.g., air quality) an asset.
• Knowledge of or experience with environmental assessment processes (e.g., Municipal Class EA) an asset.
• Experience with environmental assessment or permitting follow-up and monitoring (e.g., construction environmental monitoring) an asset.
• Experience in the application of natural heritage policies, protocols and environmental legislation;
• Knowledge of environmental and social due diligence an asset;
• Ability to read and provide environmental notes on engineering drawings and maps.
• Background in environmental analysis.
• Strong understanding of construction activities.
• Flexibility to travel periodically.
• Previous consulting experience an asset.
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Compliance, Construction, Engineer, Engineering, Energy, Legal
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy. We want their businesses, ecosystems, and communities to thrive, both now and into the future.
Our people are passionate about our corporate purpose and values. We believe in long-term relationships with our partners, and are committed to our clients’ lasting success.
We are “entrepreneurs with a technical soul.”
At Hatch, we are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations in all that we do. This commitment is enabled and supported by practices and processes embedded in all Hatch projects, which deliver real value to our clients.
Health & Safety:
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is always top of mind. We work with our clients and partners, using structured systems and processes, to ensure safety, always.
Sustainability requires the optimization of environmental, social, and economic outcomes. This ensures ecosystems are maintained, communities thrive, and society prospers, now and in the future. Sustainability is at the core of how we deliver value to our clients as a socially responsible company.
Indigenous Peoples Policy:
Our relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Native Americans are based on the values of honesty, respect, and transparency. We understand that our ability to deliver successful projects on behalf of our clients is enhanced by our knowledge and understanding of the histories, cultures, protocols, values, aspirations, and governments of First Peoples across North America and Aboriginal communities around the world.