Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
The MTM MTP Team Engineering Review Group ensures that design produced by the MTP projects meets MTM’s obligations as an accredited Rail Transport Operator (RTO) and Rail Infrastructure Manger (RIM) under the Rail Safety National Law (RSNL).
The OHLE Design Review Engineer is responsible for design assurance review of Electrical and Substation design for the MTP.
- Discharge all responsibilities in a manner that ensures the safety of the operating system is not compromised during the life cycle of the project including safety matters related to MTM operations, the public and project related contractors and third parties
- Undertake all design assurance reviews in accordance with MTM's agreed processes, in order to provide assurance that all the requirements of the ARO’s Safety Management System, including operational and functional requirements and the appropriate standards, have been met
- Attend meetings, collaborative workshops and design reviews
- Undertake MTM Design Assurance reviews of design submitted including contribution to the risk register through participation in Safety in Design workshops.
- Liaise with stakeholders and key MTM internal project groups, operations, maintenance, infrastructure and other associated parties to ensure functional requirements are met and all matters are effectively managed
- Adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assist the Engineering Interface Managers in preparing and processing Requests For Information (RFI), Type Approvals, Standard Waivers and Engineering Changes
- Support initiatives to identify work practices, methods and activities that could be amended and improved
- Report on the progress of all issues regarding the assigned project tasks and promptly notify necessary management of any matters which could have a material adverse effect on project or the business
- Ensure that the appropriate project records are maintained at all times
- Consult and liaise with all project disciplines to ensure the design works are integrated with all other disciplines
- Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with Substations.
- Experience in Rail systems design, planning or commissioning rail system will be considered favourably.
- Experience on Large Metro rail systems.
- Project and/or Design and/or Quality Management experience will be considered favourably.
- Experience in large, complex construction projects will be considered favourably.
Why work for Metro
- Great Team Culture and Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Salary & Employee Benefits
- Collaborative & Supportive Team
- Free Myki Travel
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.