- Lead the continuous improvement in asset management, especially in planned and corrective maintenance
- Coach and mentor Hub teams on asset management and engineering principles
- 3 x permanent full time roles
- $123K-$128K + super + leave loading PA
- Camden Wollondilly Hub (West Camden, Picton, Wallacia), Georges River Hub (Fairfield, Liverpool, Glenfield, Cronulla) and Bondi Hub
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role, you provide technical leadership for the management of Production assets, influencing the whole of life asset management needs to ensure they operate to the specified standard of reliability and availability and meet the ongoing asset management needs of the Production Hub.
- Ensure production of quality business cases for Hub work to meet agreed time frames.
- Ensure the integrity and value of asset related decisions for the Hub, including maintenance and renewal strategies, and ensure decision frameworks are adhered to.
- Drive continuous improvement in asset management, especially in planned and corrective maintenance (including major periodic maintenance).
- Lead and support the Production Hub Manager and Delivery Team Leader (the “ROM’ team) in the 5 Year Investment Planning process.
- Lead the production of an annual Asset Plan for the Hub.
- Review of asset criticality and asset condition with Hub teams and Process Engineers and lead the development of strategies to mitigate asset risk for the Hub.
- Ensure criticality and spares assessments are completed to mitigate risk
- Review of asset condition and specialist asset condition assessments and ensure actions are implemented.
- Develop and review asset maintenance strategies for Hub assets, including life cycle analysis to ensure strategies are effective (value adding) and efficient (lowest cost & acceptable risk)
- Support the review and continuous improvement of asset data quality & completeness for the Hub.
- Support reliability and treatment process performance analysis.
- Lead root cause analysis and problem solving for complex asset failures, and high cost/ frequent failure assets. Implement outcomes and share lessons learnt with relevant stakeholders in SWC.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations for asset maintenance strategies for Production and provide feedback to Reliability Manager, Senior RE’s & LCS.
In this role, it’s required to build strong working relationships and frequently engage with external service providers for maintenance and project related work for Hubs.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A university degree qualification in engineering (preferably mechanical, electrical or similar) and/or equivalent experience in operations, maintenance/renewals or treatment/quality aspects of water systems.
- Extensive experience with complex asset management applicable to water/wastewater treatment or related engineering field.
- Experience in measurement, analysis and evaluation of system performance and condition and the development of strategies and work programs to improve performance, reliability and condition.
- Experience developing refurbishment/renewals work programs developed from 5-year plans.
- Experience working with various internal and external service delivery partners to achieve common goals.
- Advanced use of computerised asset management systems, preferably Maximo.
- Demonstrated experience preparing business case for asset renewals & major periodic maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience leading root cause analysis and problem solving for asset failures, and high cost/frequent failure assets. Implement outcomes and share lessons learnt with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working with minimum support to drive the right business outcomes, at the right time and experience working in a decentralised team would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Must be available to work outside normal working hours, either from home, office or in field, as required.
- Must be available to work outside normal area/hub and/or office to support other team members when required.
- Must be prepared to work at Production plants, which may include (but limited to); exposure to sewage, chemicals, loud noise etc, on a day to day basis.
- Must be prepared to travel to various offices and plants/hubs across Production depending on the needs of the business.