Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
Due to team expansion, we are looking for an experienced Senior Substations Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering team. In this role you will provide authoritive and specialist (SME) technical engineering services for the Substation Engineering Discipline for management of change, risk management, technical tasks and engineering management systems.
- Reviews for technical thoroughness and quality assurance of complete Engineering Management System requirements for Substations Engineering(Primary Plant) including standards, standard drawings specifications, procedures and system requirements
- Reviews broad areas of assignment of the Change Management Process in accordance with L1-SQE-PRO-001 for an MTM discipline including interfaces to other railway involving the modifications, alterations, additions or removal of assets that may affect the safety and/or operation of the MTM railway. This includes product approvals, engineering changes and evaluations.
- Reviews all material risks involving projects and technical matters which are complex and have conflicting requirements
- Serves as the technical specialist for Substations Primary Plant Engineering in the application of advanced concepts, methods and assignments and resolve crucial issues and /or unique conditions
- Adhere to all personal responsibilities as required by legislation , regulations , codes of practice and MTM policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing and recommending projects to meet MTM’s and the Chief Engineers business improvement initiatives
- Coach, mentor and develop junior team members
In order to be successful you will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications and as a minimum obtained Registered Engineer Status
- Proven experience in providing technical engineering services in the designated MTM railway Engineering
- Solid experience in designing, maintenance and construction in the Primary plant Engineering Discipline area is desirable
- Ability to review specialised information and recommendations and present implementation plans for the effective delivery
- Strong stakeholder engagement across various levels of Management
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence opinions of others on Substation Engineering matters of complexity and unclear constraints and work effectively as part of a team
Join a dedicated team where you will have the opportunity to work on various and significant complex projects. Metro Trains will provide you with the support and development you need to further your career as well as excellent terms, conditions and benefits.
If you are interested please apply online, addressing the selection criteria. Please send your application by COB 15 March 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.